Product DescriptionHerbs have been used for medicine, magic, and ritual for centuries. The ancient arts of Herbal Alchemy and Herbal Magick combine an understanding of the healing and energizing effects of herbs (roots, leaves, flowers, resins and essential oils) with an understanding of the cycles of the natural world--the astrological movement of the stars and planets, and the cycles of the earth's seasons.
In this easy-to-use compendium of herbs and their energy associations, master herbalist and magick practitioner Karen Harrison offers formulas anyone can use to obtain courage, creativity, and lasting health, to increase prosperity and to enhance psychic and spiritual powers. Harrison shows how to select herbs based on their astrological associations as well as their medicinal properties. with a materia magica of more than 150 herbs and a multitude of recipes, readers will learn how to blend incense, ceremonial oils, bath salts, herbal amulets, fluid condensers, and herbal philtres; and how to use them in meditation, ritual, or energy work.
Discover the best herbs to improve any area of your life, based on their planetary energies:
* Health and Success. Sun herbs: St. John's Wort, Chamomile, Calendula
* Meditation and Dreamwork. Moon herbs: jasmine, sandalwood, myrrh
* Motivation and Energy at Work. Herbs of Mars: Safflower, red sandalwood, ginger, and honeysuckle
* Prosperity. The Herbs of Jupiter: Carnation, Cedar, Oakmoss and Pine.
* Protection and Stability. The Herbs of Saturn: Hyssop, Garlic, Coriander, Patchouli or Chaparral.
- Weiser Books
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Real Alchemy: A Primer of Practical Alchemy
- The Master Book of Herbalism
- Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs (Llewellyn's Sourcebook Series) (Cunningham's Encyclopedia Series)
- The Alchemists Handbook: Manual for Practical Laboratory Alchemy
- The Path of Alchemy: Energetic Healing & the World of Natural Magic (Pathways to Enlightenment)
- Spagyrics: The Alchemical Preparation of Medicinal Essences, Tinctures, and Elixirs
- Llewellyn's Complete Formulary of Magical Oils: Over 1200 Recipes, Potions & Tinctures for Everyday Use (Llewellyn's Complete Book)
- The -Alchemist's Kitchen: Extraordinary Potions & Curious Notions (Wooden Books)
- The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)
- Magical Herbalism: The Secret Craft of the Wise (Llewellyn's Practical Magick Series)
Share your thoughts
*If this is not the "Herbal Alchemist's Handbook, The: A Grimoire of Philtres. Elixirs, Oils, Incense, and Formulas for Ritual Use" product you were looking for, you can check the other results by clicking this link.